- 1 large dark green cabbage.
- 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper
- 1 head of celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 lbs mushrooms
- 3 big leeks
- Small bag spinach
- 3 onions
- 4 cups chicken soup + 12 oz. water
- Cut all vegetables stem end off and cut in half, take seeds and membrane out. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and put in pot.
- Take the outer leaf layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
- Slice mushrooms into thick slices (otherwise they will disappear in the soup), put in pot.
- If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of cayenne pepper (red pepper) now (1/3 teaspoon is quite a bit as the soup will get spicier as it cooks further).
- Combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and cook on low for 1/2 hour.