Dermaplaning Pros and Cons
Dermaplaning is one of the trendiest hair-removal options available, performed using a scalpel to manually exfoliate dead skin cells from the face. Dermaplaning results in ultra-smooth, fresh, and brighter skin through the removal of a dead skin layer and hair from the face to even out the skin and help with cell metabolism This then allows new skin come to the surface.
Is Dermaplaning just a passing trend or a treatment worthy of your investment? Here are some pros and cons:
- Painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum which stimulates cellular turnover with little to no downtime.
- A great option for pregnant and sensitive skin patients looking for deep exfoliation.
- Can be performed prior to Hydrafacials, Lasers, Microneedling, and other treatments for better product penetration.
- Can be performed frequently.
- Allows makeup to slide on smoother and more evenly.
- Can significantly lighten postinflammatory scars from past acne.
- Does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.
- The results might not be as long-lasting as other hair-removal methods as the hair is not removed from the root.
- Results will differ depending on a patients individual hair-growth cycle.
- Not everyone is a candidate. Patients with active and cystic acne should avoid this type of hair removal, as it can cause further irritation.
- It is contraindicated for patients with hirsutism, a condition of excessive male-pattern hair growth in women.
Need Help Deciding on Products and Treatments?
Don’t worry! That’s why we have experts here at Forever Slender MedSpa! Come experience the free skin analysis and take advantage of the expertise of our doctors and medical grade products and services!
You want to look great and we will help you reach your face and body goals. We offer tremendous medical grade services and provide the expertise to help you choose the right choices for your individual needs.
For more information about treating skin problems, check out check out this blog post. Schedule a CoolSculpting or Skin Analysis on our web page www.foreverslendermedspa.com where you can create a profile and choose an appointment.
You’ve never had a better analysis of your skin and body issues and a plan for how to treat those issues than you will experience with Forever Slender MedSpa! We have patients come in for analysis from all over the Metrowest area of Massachusetts, including Framingham, Sudbury, Marlborough, Waltham, Concord, Newton, Natick, Weston and so many other cities and towns.
Forever Slender MedSpa cares about you and your health. We are excited for the opportunity to show you how we can make you feel better about your body and skin.
Interested in a free consultation? Call or text Forever Slender MedSpa at (508) 733-4370 or email [email protected]. We’d love to help you look and feel happier and more confident about your body!
Interested in reading other blog entries??