What is RF Microneedling?
Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling
Effective, non-surgical skin rejuvenation techniques requiring little to no downtime are gaining popularity. Many women and men concerned with signs of skin and facial aging are turning to radiofrequency (RF) microneedling treatments to achieve smoother, tighter, more radiant skin. At Forever Slender MedSpa in Wayland, Massachusetts, we use state-of-the-art RF system to perform RF microneedling with outstanding results.
What is Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling?
Radiofrequency microneedling is a non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatment that perforates skin and warms tissue with controlled radiofrequency energy to stimulate skin healing, cell renewal, and new collagen/elastin production. These natural processes essentially transform the skin from the inside out to reduce signs of aging, sun damage, uneven tone/texture, acne, scarring, stretch marks, and more.
At Forever Slender MedSpa, radiofrequency microneedling is customized to provide targeted treatment for your unique skin concerns and goals. Typically, multiple treatments are recommended at specific intervals to deliver optimal rejuvenation.
What Can RF Microneedling Treat?
Radiofrequency microneedling treatments can be performed on the face, neck, chest, or body to address a broad range of skin concerns, including:
Wrinkles, creases, and fine lines
Active acne and acne scarring
- Hyperpigmentation/uneven pigmentation
- Stretch marks
Uneven skin texture
- Thin, crepey skin
- We will custom-tailor your treatment, adjusting the depth of the microneedles to precisely deliver RF energy based upon your skin type and personal skin challenges. Since we will target only a fractional portion of the skin and leaving healthy cells unharmed, downtime is typically minimal.
As dermal remodeling takes place over a series of weeks, the prominence of wrinkles, discoloration, texture issues, and scars should diminish, and the overall quality of results will gradually improve. Moderate to severe aesthetic skin concerns typically require more intensive treatments and repeated sessions to reach the desired goal.
- Who Is a Candidate for RF Microneedling?
RF microneedling is suitable for all skin types, so nearly anyone wanting healthier, more youthful-looking skin can potentially be a candidate for treatment. To find out if RF microneedling is right for you, we will give you a free consultation to evaluate your skin, discuss your goals, and recommend an effective treatment plan.
- Many Forever Slender MedSpa patients choose to combine RF microneedling into a larger facial rejuvenation plan that includes treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic, dermal filler injections, and even plastic surgical procedures for a more comprehensive degree of improvement.
What Happens During RF Microneedling Treatment?
- Before RF microneedling treatment begins, your skin will be numbed with a topical anesthetic cream to prevent discomfort. Once the skin is desensitized, the microneedling handpiece is applied to the treatment area. The microneedles simultaneously perforate the skin, and RF energy is emitted through the pins to the subcutaneous (below the surface) tissue. This process is repeated until all of the skin in the targeted area has been treated with the microneedles.
Sessions typically take about 20 minutes, though they can be longer when larger areas of skin are being treated. For patients desiring additional enhancement, specialized serums can be applied to freshly treated skin for deep absorption into the tissue.
- What is Recovery after RF Microneedling Like?
Fractional RF microneedling is non-surgical and minimally invasive, which virtually eliminates downtime following the procedure. Though skin may seem sensitive and appear slightly flushed, the majority of patients are able to return to their normal activities immediately after a treatment session.
- It is important to keep your skin protected and out of direct sunlight. You should notice gradual improvements over the first two weeks, and as the tissue creates new collagen and elastin over a nine week span, more significant tightening and rejuvenation can be revealed.
Maximum results usually require three sessions spaced four to six weeks apart; however, each treatment plan is customized to suit the individual.
- How Much Does RF Microneedling Cost?
At Forever Slender MedSpa, the cost for a single full face treatment is $500, or you can purchase a 3-pack of sessions for $1,200 (at $400 per session). Please note that single session and package prices increase when the neck and/or chest are included with the full face.
- Since pricing can vary, based on the area(s) of the face/body treated and the intensity of treatment, an exact cost quote can only be provided following a consultation.
If you are apprehensive about the price of treatment, we accept payment with major credit cards and also offer financing options. Approved applicants can take advantage of affordable financing opportunities offered through our trusted lenders. A knowledgeable member of our office team can answer any questions you have about costs, payments, and financing.
Refresh and renew the appearance of your skin with RF microneedling treatments! To learn more, we encourage you to contact Forever Slender MedSpa and schedule a consultation.
About Forever Slender MedSpa
You want to look great and we will help you reach your face and body goals. We offer tremendous medical grade services and provide the expertise to help you choose the right choices for your individual needs.
For more information about treating skin problems, check out check out this blog post
You’ve never had a better analysis of your issues and a plan for how to treat those issues than you will experience with Forever Slender MedSpa! We have patients come in for analysis from all over the Metrowest area of Massachusetts, including Framingham, Sudbury, Marlborough, Waltham, Concord, Newton, Natick, Weston and so many other cities and towns.
Forever Slender MedSpa cares about you and your health. We are excited for the opportunity to show you how we can make you feel better about your body and skin.
Interested in a free consultation? Call or text Forever Slender MedSpa at (508) 733-4370 or email [email protected]. We’d love to help you look and feel happier and more confident about your body!